A missional community (MC for short) is a family of servant missionaries sent on mission by God as disciples who make disciples.
MCs are Berean's small groups and are the primary way we get connected in our Faith Family. They are much more than a weekly event. MCs gather together at different times throughout the month to fulfill Jesus' mission of being disciples who make disciples. Together we learn how to worship and submit to Jesus in all of life by learning how to love one another as family, worship Jesus as servants who serve others, and share the good news of Jesus Christ as his sent missionaries.
As we gather we focus on three key practices:
- Meeting and Eating. We develop true community by regularly gathering together to share our lives, to share meals, to pray for one another, and to support and encourage each other.
- Sharing. We spend time discussing the weekend's sermon, what we are learning, and how God is challenging us to grow as disciples.
- Serving. We make a difference in our community together and invest in the lives of those that need to experience the love of Christ and to hear the message of the gospel.
MCs are meeting all over the South Metro, maybe even in your neighborhood! And new ones are forming all the time. This map shows where active MCs are and where we are hoping to launch new groups soon.
Our list of Network Missional Communities is growing.
- 20somethings MC: a community for people in their 20s
- Singles 35+ MC: for singles 35+
- Young Couples MC: for couples in their 20s
- Caring for Those Unseen MC: a community that reaches out to those impacted by domestic violence, human trafficking, and religious persecution
- Airlines MC: a community for airline professionals and their families
- Radical Living MC: a group from the Radical Living ABF
- Mosaic MC: a group of young adults (20s & 30s)
Network MCs Start-Ups
Potential new network groups could include:
- Somali Connections
- Health Care Industry
- Small Business Owners
Will Wallace, Missional Communities Director, 952.223.1850
Resources for MC development
- How to Equip a Missional Community Nine 30-minute videos on the gospel, gospel identity, gospel rhythms, and making disciples (they're excellent!)
- The Art of Neighboring A very practical book and 6-week discussion guide for helping groups begin to build relationships with their neighbors.
- A great site with tons of teaching, resources, and tools for missional communities and MC leaders.
- MC community blog and podcasts
- Ordinary People
- 27 short videos of different people sharing their experiences with MCs. Topics range from outreach, being missional moms, logistics, singles MCs, kids, and many more.
- Additional Saturate resources
- Saturate by Jeff Vanderstelt
- This book is easy to read and provides a lot of the broader foundation and biblical teaching behind MCs.
- How to Prepare and Share Your Story
- An online resource that walks your group through preparing to share their story of faith.
- Sharing God's Story using The 3 Circles Life Conversation
- Trail Guide
- A comprehensive leader guide for Berean MCs. We have changed some of our approach so it won't reflect all of our current practices, but there is still a wealth of knowledge hereto help you lead your group.