Berean's Street-To-Seat Ministry
If you have the gift of Hospitality, then this is the team for you! We exist to love and to serve every person that arrives on our campus. Our First Impressions Team lives out this mission every weekend. Serve on a rotating basis.
- First and last point of contact with attenders on weekends
- Greet people as they arrive and depart
- Direct pedestrian and traffic flow in parking lot
- Reports to Parking Team Lead, Jim Lundberg
- Burnsville opportunities currently available
Meet & Greet Host
- Welcome new guests to Berean
- Provide information & resources
- Assist guest with Next Steps
- Burnsville opportunities available
To volunteer, contact Christa Foss.
Keep Berean Safe
Berean's S.A.F.E. and Medical On-Call teams help to ensure that our building and FaithFamily are secure.
Medical On-Call Team
- Provide emergency first response at Berean
- Work along side SAFE Team
- Carry radio
- Provide basic first-aid as needed
- Be adept at handling situations calmly and in a God-honoring manner
- Maintain confidentiality and decorum
- Rotating schedule based on availability
- Shifts range from 1-5 hours based on availability
- Serve for special events at Berean
- Reports to Team Leader, Marge Sanborn
- Burnsville roles currently available
To volunteer, contact Karen Jacobson.
S.A.F.E Team Team
Berean's Safe And Friendly Environment Team provides a layer of security for Berean's attenders and campus assets.
- Continually monitor assigned post
- Immediately address potential safety concerns
- Communicate concerns
- Be adept at handling security situations with calmness and confidentiality
- Participate in training sessions
- Schedule on a rotation basis
- Shifts typically last duration of event
- Reports to S.A.F.E. Team Leader, Jim Boyer
- Burnsville and Lakeville opportunities available
To volunteer, contact the SAFE Team.
Not only is this award-winning space a great place to bring a friend to share a quality cup of coffee, Berean Cafe gives back to the community through its partnership with City Kid Java, Urban Ventures, and B+W.
Our excellent volunteer staff makes it all possible. How about it? Want to let out your inner barista? Join in the fun and make a difference, too
- Take orders accurately at cash register
- Accurately count cash and register bag
- Print report summary and fill-out deposit slip
- Friendly, outgoing, welcoming
- Be dependable and on-time
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable counting money and making deposits
- Closed toe shoes required by health department
- Make hot & cold drinks as per recipes
- Attend three training sessions
- Serve a minimum of one shift per month
- Shifts run 2-3 hours long
- Willing to pick-up shifts for events
- Reports to Jenny Munson
To volunteer, contact Jenny Munson.
Berean Cafe - Lakeville
- Keep cafe stocked with coffee, creamer, etc throughout Sunday morning
- Set-up role available also
To volunteer, contact Dan Feldkamp
- Assist kitchen manager for food service
- Knowledge of safe food practices
- Able to lift 10-25 pounds
- Use gloves
- Prepare food as directed
- Assemble necessary items
- Set-up food service and beverage stations
- Safely store leftovers
- Run dishwasher, return cookware to proper places
- Leave kitchen clean and ready for next use
- Dependable and on-time
- Ability to multi-task
- Appropriate attire and closed-toe footware
- Varying hours and days
- Shifts usually 4-6 hours
- Reports to Events Coordinator
To volunteer contact Jenny Munson.
Someone once said that our facilities crew and volunteers had done their jobs well if no one noticed them. In a way, we agree! Our facilities are God-given and it takes many talented people to keep everything looking nice and working well.
Berean cherishes volunteerism from those in the FaithFamily who are carpenters, engineers, gardeners, electricians, plumbers, painters, and any other people with handy or trade skills.